Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Disappointment.....and bouncing back.....

Do you ever have those times where you wonder if disappointment, sadness and struggle all the only things you will ever really feel? Sure there are moments of happiness, joy and contentment but they are considerably fewer the the others.
To the point of wondering where the struggle of one small step forward and getting brutally shoved 6 steps back is even worth it anymore. I've had a lot of small disappointments recently and I wont name those we all have them, but the big disappointments have been coming almost as regularly. I found out yesterday that my dental insurance covers basically nothing, so after the last month or so of being incredibly excited to finally have straight teeth I found out unless I win the lottery it wont be happening anytime soon. My teeth are my biggest insecurity and have been for a very long time, and now I do'nt get to have them fixed for quite a bit longer. I just wish for one thing to be truly excited about, one sign the all the struggle and fighting to improve myself and my life isn't for nothing.
Sigh..... how do you bounce back from feeling like this?
Joe is great he is...but he's 100% male and just doesn't get it.
And other then him the only people I can talk to are family...or going to be at some point[ hopefully..the "hopefully" is another huge source of disappointment].
Oh well I guess I'm done whining about my life now...gonna go put on my big girl panties and deal, just needed to vent for a minute. Guess maybe I need this quote right now.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this post brought tears to my eyes! Keep your chin up and good things will come. It sounds like you've been dealing with a lot--I did a post a while back in March called "Divine Intervention" it's one of my absolute favorites and may help cheer you up a bit! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet post!

    ReplyDelete